Junior Web Designer : South San Francisco, CA
The Sanrio.com eCommerce team is looking for an emerging rock star to join our team as a Jr. Web Desginer. This role will be focused primarily on all duties and tasks associated to creating and maintaining various visual elements on the Sanrio.com website. This includes (but is not limited to) the development of creative elements such as online banners, marketing emails and web pages. We are a small but nimble team so we really want someone to come in and be ready to make a positive impact to the business.
This position is located in South San Francisco, CA.
· Partner with Web Designer on creative direction and strategic thinking around driving activity and transactions on the sanrio.com site through the creation of marketing materials (banners, emails & promotion pages)
· Showcase creativity towards featuring products or themes while staying on-brand
· Closely partner with eCommerce Marketing Manager on creative needs that will support promotional initiatives
· Assist in-house photographer on commercial product shoots – shots will be used on creative materials so it is important to make sure images are usable
· Adhere to user interface best practices when designing web pages and show cognitive thinking around overall user experiences
· Perform other duties as assigned
· BFA/MFA in Graphic Design, Digital Media or other Visual Arts
· 2-3 years experience in interactive and web design or related experience
· Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Flash/ActionScripting, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Firewords, CSS, HTML
· Understanding of standards and best practices for online media including user interface/user experience design and information architecture
· Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
· Understanding of Web 2.0 practices, applications, design practices & trends
· Strong team player and willing to roll up sleeves and get their hands dirty
· Enthusiasm for the Sanrio brand and characters
· Experience with content management systems
· 2+ years of eCommerce experience in consumer products
· Experience with designing for mobile a plus
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: H.R. Department
570 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080